Deadline: Not specified
Experience: 3+ year(s)
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
- The primary responsibility for this position includes both development and systems analysis for Jumia applications to implement business change requests.
- You will help implement scalable solutions and ensure that all system changes meet business, quality and architectural guidelines. Successful candidate will have exceptional analytical skills and will be expected to have hands-on programming skills in building enterprise applications.
- Provide system support and resolve issues for all systems tools used by various teams.
- As an IT representative, provide inputs to Central development team on new features required by the business.
- Lead training and rollout of new systems or features for Jumia Mall.
- Develop tools to support the business users.
- Key into organization values and ethics, producing results in a fast-paced environment.
- Research new developments and changes to business processes and Technology.
- Management of system changes.
- System analysis and documentation.
- Proposed new developments and changes to business process and Technology.
- Business Process design – functional and technical specifications.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science or related field from a recognised and accredited University.
- Minimum of 3 +years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge of PHP, Adobe Creatives and HTML.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming and software engineering fundamentals.
- Experience working on e-commerce or other transactional sites.
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing large scale mission critical systems an added advantage.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.