Applications Deadline: May 15, 2019
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for foreign students.
Northwestern Polytechnical University is a National Key University, directed by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China, located in Xi’an, Shaanxi, China. The International College was founded in the October of 2007 and in the same year, NPU became one host university of Chinese Government Scholarship acknowledged by the China Scholarship Council of the Ministry of Education. Since then, the university has continuously received international students of different majors all over the world.
Scholarship Award: The “NPU President Scholarship” includes a full prize and a partial For the full prize winners, tuition, accommodation and insurance fees are waived. In addition, they are entitled to a monthly allowance of ;
- 2,000RMB/person/month for Master’s candidates.
- 3,500RMB/person/month for PhD candidates.
- All applicants must obey Chinese laws and regulations, the rules and regulations set forth by NPU, respect Chinese customs, enjoy the knowledge of Chinese culture, and adopt a friendly attitude towards China.
- Foreign citizens, in good physical and mental health.
- Certificate of Chinese/English proficiency
- Chinese Requirement: Minimum HSK level 4 or equivalent certificate; or native speaker.
- English Requirement: Minimum TOFEL: 70, IELTS: 5.5 or equivalent certificate; or native speaker.
- Master’s candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree and should not exceed 35 years old at the time of application. PhD candidates must have a Master’s Degree and should not exceed 40 years old at the time of application. All applicants should be in good health.
- All applicants should have graduated from a nationally prestigious university (within a respected comprehensive list or the student’s major at university should be within national top 10 of universities within their country.) with excellent academic performance.
- All applicants should hold outstanding achievements in their field of work or study, or the applicants should show great research potential.
Step 1 – Complete the online application on the following web page: http://admission.nwpu.edu.cn/
Step 2 – A committee will be organized to evaluate documents of applicants; applicant’s documents will be selected for further review by the relevant academic schools.
Step 3 – Applicants will be notified for an interview by email.
Step 4 – Send Admission Notice and other relevant documents. The registration deadline is 15th September 2019 (See the admission notice). Failure to register within the time limit without the permission of the registration office of International College, you will have forfeiture admission into this university.
- Academic transcripts.
- Notarized highest diploma.
- A Recommendation Letter from high school for applying for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two Recommendation Letters from two professors for applying for Master’s or PhD degree.
- A study plan.
- Certificate of English or Chinese proficiency.
- Complete physical examination form.
- A copy of valid passport.
NOTE: In cases that the applicants show great potentially to contribute to NPU, the age limitation can be flexible.