Reference Number: 130-PEO00903
Department: People & Change Nigeria
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) – Our client is a widely recognized Specialist Life Assurance Company in Nigeria, serving thousands of customers with bespoke insurance products tailored for each phase of their lives. The company is aimed at improving the quality of life of clients by providing prompt and quality insurance service delivery. They offer a range of insurance products such as an annuity, investment plans, group life plans and much more.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the MD/CEO.
- This individual will be responsible for providing investment information and financial advice; works with corporate and individual clients; and maintains knowledge of a wide range of investment and financial products, including trusts, stocks, bonds, and shares.
- Responsible for the management of the investment portfolio of the Company which includes bonds, shares, and other money market instruments, properties, etc.
- Relationship Management with Banks.
- Implement investment decisions of the Board/CEO in line with investment and operational objectives.
- Cash flow and treasury management.
- Provide investment information/Report and financial advice to Board and Management on a regular basis.
- Make recommendations to Management and Board on investment strategy, policy, and guidelines.
- Work closely with investment bankers to access financial information and investment opportunities.
- Present investment opportunities and related analysis to management and the Board of Directors of the Company
- Use complex financial models to project future earnings and profit potential of investee companies and uses this data to inform decisions and proposals for management and board review.
- Responsible for asset allocation and liquidity monitoring and portfolio rebalancing.
- Ensure all appropriate risk management measures are in place for internally managed portfolios.
- Research on competitor investment options/products as required.
- Ensure Consultants and Fund Managers meet required performance standards and adhere to Fund processes, systems and compliance requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge about financial products available to the Company, including bonds, stocks, etc.
- Recommend investment decisions that will increase the value of the Company’s investment fund and ensure that the best return on investment is achieved
- Collate detailed, up-to-date information about the Nigerian economy and financial markets
- Ensure safety of investment fund portfolio
- Write financial research summaries
- Conduct regular meeting with stock market traders, fund managers and stockbrokers for investment opportunities
- Make informed investment recommendations
- An advanced degree in Finance or an MBA strongly preferred.
- HND or BSc. in Accounting, Statistics, Economics and relevant professional qualifications e.g. ICAN.
- Minimum of 4 years cumulative relevant experience with at least four (4) years in Investment Analysis.
- Experience in the Insurance Industry an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies:
- Result Orientation/ Drive for results
- Conflict and/or negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Decision making
- Good communication skills (Verbal & Written)
- Numerical/Arithmetical Ability
- Strategic thinking.
- 4 year(s) experience working as an Investment Analyst.
- In-depth understanding of financial metrics, setup, and statistics.
- Familiar with relevant laws and regulations.
- Strong propensity for data research and analysis.
- Experience with appropriate software systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail.
Deadline is February 18, 2019