Deadline: February 1, 2019
The Indian Equality Law Visiting Fellowship is aimed at capacity-building for early career scholars. During their time at MLS, each successful candidate will be expected to finalise a 10,000-word research paper on any aspect of Indian equality or anti-discrimination law, under the supervision of Associate Professor Tarunabh Khaitan. They will also be required to submit this paper for consideration of the Indian Law Review upon completion, and commit to publishing it in that journal if accepted.
Funding for the fellowships is provided by the Letten Prize awarded to Associate Professor Tarunabh Khaitan in 2018. Successful candidates will be reimbursed for an economy class return flight to Melbourne and accommodation costs. Basic living costs will also be subsidised/covered for Fellows who can demonstrate financial need.
- The Indian Equality Law Visiting Fellowships are designed for advanced stage doctoral students or early-career academic scholars (with no more than 5 years of post-doctoral, university teaching or litigation experience) with an interest in Indian equality/antidiscrimination law and/or comparative law.
- Candidates from under-represented backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply for the program please submit the following:
- CV (no more than 2 pages)
- Cover Letter (optional—should be no more than 1 page).
- Contact details of two academic referees (including their institutional affiliations, email addresses and telephone numbers).
- Research proposal (up to 1,000 words) clearly outlining the research hypothesis, research questions and structure of arguments (focused, clearly written, original and feasible proposals will be preferred).
- List of relevant bibliographical references (no more than 1 page).
NOTE: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to develop the proposal into an early draft (of around 4,000-5,000 words) of the proposed paper, to be submitted by the end of April 2019. The final selection will be madeon the basis of this draft. Shortlisted candidates may also be asked to undertake an interview via Skype.
Please email your inquiries and applications to Ms Kathryn Taylor via firstname.lastname@example.org