Deadline: March 8, 2019
The scholarship program inspires the next generation of innovators and thinkers to create a sustainable future. Scholars are exceptional students from developing countries studying in sustainable energy development. Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership Scholarship is a one-of-a-kind scholarship program that fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to
tackle the challenges of the future.
The scholarship offers up to $23,000 USD per year (max. two years). Up to 10 scholarships are awarded each year.
- Undertake masters-level studies in sustainable energy development. Eligible applicants must be pursuing full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2019. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD);
- Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development;
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding