Reference Number: 130-PEO00904
Department: People & Change Nigeria
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is a widely recognized Specialist Life Assurance Company in Nigeria, serving thousands of customers with bespoke insurance products tailored for each phase of their lives. The company is aimed at improving the quality of life of clients by providing prompt and quality insurance service delivery. They offer a range of insurance products such as an annuity, investment plans, group life plans and much more.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the ED, Finance/HR/Admin.
- This individual will be responsible for managing the entire financial reporting process within the company or organization. He will supervise the finance department in order to ensure effective financial reporting and compliance with all financial regulations and procedures.
- Oversee the operations of the Finance department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiaries, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements for the Company’s subsidiaries and parent Company.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Company’s annual accounts.
- Design and recommend measures by which the performance of the company will be measured.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide an efficient management cost report system.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Provide financial analyses for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Responsible for the filing of monthly, quarterly and annual returns to all regulatory bodies.
- Research on technical accounting issues for compliance.
Skills & Competencies:
- Result Orientation/ Drive for results
- Conflict and/or negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Decision making
- Good communication skills (Verbal & Written)
- Numerical/Arithmetical Ability
- Strategic thinking
- Proven track record of working in a Financial Service and working as a Financial Reporting Manager
- Accounting experience
- Strong understanding of Securities and Exchange Commission’s reporting principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage large sets of data
- Ability to work in a fast –paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow- through to completion and documentation
- An advanced degree in Finance or an MBA strongly preferred
- HND or BSc. in Accounts, Economics or Business Administration and relevant professional qualifications e.g. ICAN
- Minimum of 10 years cumulative relevant experience with at least six (6) years in Financial Reporting
- Experience in the Insurance Industry an added advantage