The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Main Purpose of Job
- To assist the Accounts Department in all department related functions.
Roles and Responsibilities
what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Data capturing off all Electrical, plumbing, building and renovation expenditure on all BDHC properties.
- Assist in handing of daily cash transactions ( payments and receipts)
- Liaising with Procurement department on invoices processed in accounts department
- General filling for Accounts section and Procurement section
- Assisting the accountant with all other issues.
Starting monthly salary
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- First degree in Finance or Accounting
- Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.The British Deputy High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
Deadline is February 8, 2019