Location: Borno, Nigeria
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities.
In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world.
- We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
- We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organization and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or its equivalent
- Previous experience in conducting Nutrition, Health, WASH assessments
- Experience in data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews, data collection and data entry
- Experience or knowledge of relevant agricultural markets in Northern Nigeria is an advantage;
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English and Hausa.
- Please attach your CV/Resume, a maximum of three pages, and a page covering letter explaining how your skills and experiences match those needed for this post.
- Please ensure that you include the names and full contact details of three referees on your CV. Also, ensure you include your language skills in your CV/resume.
Application Closing Date
5th February, 2019.