The program recognizes advances in the field and works already being done within the YPS realm, while at the same time supporting practitioners by linking their work to tools, research and practice in related
fields that will elevate and amplify their work.
Enhance their knowledge of the concepts, theory, and skills behind conflict resolution, problem-solving and intervention practices, and skills Increase communicative behaviors and skills for increasing effectiveness as leaders Clarify the important role of youth in maintaining peace and security Design and implement a YPS project with their organization.
- This offering has no fee. All accepted applicants will be sponsored.
- All costs related to the offering, including lodging and meals throughout the two weeks at Columbia University will be covered. Flight/transportation to/from the program and visa application fees are not covered.
- Applicants should be youth/community leaders and practitioners interested in linking their work to tools, research and practice in related fields that will elevate and amplify their work.
- Applicants must also be sponsored and supported by a local CBO/NGO.
- Submit a project idea for review.
- Be fluent in English and able to commit to the two-week engagement of the program.
- Complete the application and submit two recommendation letters.
- The program office will review your information to ensure it meets the admission criteria and contacts you with the decision.
- Upon acceptance into the program, participants will receive specific program information approximately 6-8 weeks prior to the program date.
Deadline is February 15, 2019