The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
- Reporting directly to the Director, Internal Audit, s/he will actively contribute to prepare audit reports which give assurance to management on the effectiveness and adequacy of the internal controls, confirm compliance with management procedures/policies and ascertain the accuracy of accounting reports
The duties of the Bilingual (French & English), Senior Internal Auditor comprise amongst others:
- Evaluate and examine policies and procedures and systems in place and ensure that these are documented.
- Determine and set benchmark standards with functional heads to attain operational efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with the Corporation’s internal control policies and procedures
- Carry out reviews in all business units and central departments.
- Evaluate the reliability and integrity of information and ensure the efficient use of resources
- Prepare audit report and make recommendations to management on control weaknesses identified, share best practices and recommend improvements.
- Follow-up on the progress of implementation of recommendations and directions.
- Carry out oversight of the information systems and procedures.
- Carry out special investigations upon request by management.
- Perform other job-related duties assigned.
- Conduct audits of IT systems, applications and IT processes. Provide Management with guidance on IT risk management matters, particularly on application and infrastructure security.
- Assist in developing the IT Risk Assessment including identifying areas where internal audit should focus, and Management should consider additional investment
- Attending to any other duty as may be assigned by his supervisor and/or the Corporation’s executive management from time to time.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of Audit in the re/insurance industry
- Working knowledge in Insurance and Reinsurance
- Working knowledge of the classes of business (underwriting and claims)
- Detailed ICT technical skills and experience at both academic and practical level
- Ability to carry out audit reviews with minimum supervision and deliver quality audit reports
- Ability to apply various audit and investigation techniques.
- Capacity for high level communication with senior management and staff.
- Resilience in the face of pressure from Auditees during audit assignments
- Proactivity and good initiatives geared towards minimizing wastage, leakage of revenues, material error, fraud or system failures, etc.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and across group operations
- Strong team player and proven managerial skills/experience;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical, planning and reporting skills;
- Capacity for synthesizing and reasoning;
- Unquestionable integrity and proven sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and Good time management with ability to timely deliver audit assignments.
- Excellent computer skills required in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor in Computer Science (or equivalent) or in Engineering (in relevant discipline) plus Masters or equivalent, and post-graduate in related fields from a recognized university, plus 7 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience in the financial services sector, international finance institutions, IT and/or IT Audits (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Bachelor in Computer Science (or equivalent) or in Engineering (in relevant discipline), from a recognized university plus full Professional qualifications , plus 7 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience in the financial services sector, international finance institutions, IT and/or IT Audits (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Bachelor in Computer Science (or equivalent) or in Engineering (in relevant discipline) from a recognized university plus 11 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience in the financial services sector, international finance institutions, IT and/or IT Audits (Big 4 experience preferred).
- Professional membership of an internally recognized association will be an added value
- Relevant work experience in an Audit Firm (Big4 experience preferred) at similar level is required.
- Prior experience in IT Governance and/or IT Audit, internal audit or external auditing firm (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Experience with IT Operations in Financial Services or Insurance/Reinsurance environment (highly desirable)
- Progressive achievement in one or more of the traditional IT disciplines: applications, operations and/or infrastructure (highly desirable)
- Applicants must also be: Fluency in French and excellent working knowledge of English
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Professional Staff Grade Level
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance
- Home leave to country of origin every year paid by the employer (if non-national) ;
- Duty Post Differential (Cost of Living Allowance), that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation, paid in local currency.
Deadline is February 18, 2019